Photo by nappy from Pexels
After visiting Unbolt Me last week and loving all the challenges they set over there. I have set myself a challenge, to break down the 31 chapters in proverbs, 1 chapter at a time, 10 minutes per chapter over 31 weeks. I’m going to read the chapter, then set the timer and start writing. This week all I really did was group the verses into themes. It was fun though and made me read each verse more than once. There are a few verses I am meditating on as a result, and there were a few “God is powerful” stories I remembered out of the text, my own and others.
I encourage you to set yourself bible reading challenges as a way of enjoying your daily read, or even just a creative way of making yourself do your daily read!! Because we have times when we need creativity. Right now I am in bible heaven, reading, actually reading, 3 chapters a day, one from old testament, one Psalm and one new testament chapter. That says a lot about my new stage in life, I have had times when the only bible I got, someone else had to read to me, through headphones while I hung out the washing or cooked or breasfed, or even dare I admit it, while I played at the park with the kids. I guess I just want to encourage you to get the word into you someway. Faith comes from hearing the word of God not imagining it.
Romans 10:17 says;
Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.
Here is the 10 min challenge – Proverbs 1.
- for gaining wisdom; knowledge and discretion even to the young; listen and add to your learning, the discerning get guidance, fear of the Lord is beginning of knowledge, start with the fear of the Lord; wisdom calls/cries out/ makes her speech “repent at my rebuke;”; If not wisdom laughs when disaster strikes, when calamity overtakes like a storm, when distress and trouble overwhelm and we think – Oh I should have done…; wisdom does not answer during the storm, ( but grace does, mercy does)
- for gaining instruction; understanding words of insight; understanding proverbs/parables/sayings/riddles
- for receiving instruction in prudent behaviour; even for the simple, who ever listens will live in safety, be at ease, without fear of harm
- for doing what is right and just and fair;
Fools; despise wisdom and instruction, feet rush in to evil, love their ways, delight in mockery, hate knowledge, will eat the fruit of their ways, be filled with the fruit of their schemes; waywardness will kill them, complacency will destroy them
- Listen to your mother’s instruction and father’s wisdom they are a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck (on the downside if your parent’s are fools this will be a chain that needs to be broken and a garland of judgement)
- Do not be enticed by sinners – they ambush only themselves
Be blessed today, be encouraged to get wisdom from the Lord, we need it.
Lots of Love,
© Lauren Macdonald. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission, from this blog’s author, is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Lauren Macdonald @ http://godhelpmei.com