Who is your King? Who rescues you out of all your calamities and disasters?
King Google? King Dad or Queen Mum? King Friends? King Husband or Queen Wife? King Pastor? King Doctor? King Shrink? King Boyfriend/girlfriend? King Expert? King Myself?
1 Samuel 10:19 says,
But you have now rejected your God, who saves you out of all your disasters and calamities. And you have said, “No appoint a King over us.”
Do you say no to God? I caught myself doing just this again, the same morning I read the chapter 1 Samuel 10 and came across verse 19. This time I was asking King Google to find an expert for ideas on being organised with something or other, a regular pastime of mine, and yet God has shown me so many times that his grace is sufficient for my organisational deficit. He is enough. He’s even given me the plan. I just need to say “YES!” to my King Jesus and do what he suggests.
King Google is seductive. So are all the others we set up as masters to rival God because they are idols. We have set them up, carved, beaten or fashioned them into something they are not; Gods. At the first sign of real disaster they will fall and break. As other people’s organisational ideas break weekly in my home.
But God will not break. His ways will not break. His plans will not break. His thoughts will not break. And with him we will not break. Because we are made in His image, made to be with him. We are only broken without him. With him we have life to the full.
God loves us so much, he searches for and finds us. Desperately he wants us to repent and believe! So desperately he wants this, he sent the message with his only Son, knowing full well we would crucify him. Are you still crucifying him?
Repent and believe, so simple.
And pray, enter his courts. A distant King is no help, but an available King has the best interests of the whole kingdom at heart.
So today I will share with you all God’s organisational ideas for me! These are ideas he has given to me through prayer. Ideas that I knew were perfectly designed for me. Perhaps they’ll help you too but I am writing them here so that next time I want to go to King Google I can google myself and find God’s previous messages to me all in one place!
- 5 mins is enough. If you have 5minutes you can do anything. Everything can be broken down into 5 minute segments. Use a timer.
- Pray first; be prepared to stop and be still LISTEN!!! before you rush in. Pray during; pray for the person you are with or serving as you do whatever you do. Pray after; get God’s take on how you went before you judge yourself or others. Speak in tongues if you don’t know what to pray.
- Prepare the environment. Take a moment to look at the physical space before you begin. Take a photograph if you feel blinded by what you are looking at. Prepare the spiritual space by praying in advance, put on the worship music. Prepare your mind; Be anxious for nothing. Rejoice (sing!) the Lord is near.
- Do not procrastinate. Begin. The war is won. Joshua 18:3 “How long will you wait before you take possession of the land that the Lord, the God of your ancestors has given you?”
- Be thankful for the work. Do not be lazy. “Look to the ant.”
- Joshua 18:4-10 Survey the land (Look at where you are going through the eyes of the spirit, soul and body). Write a description of it in seven parts. Then bring the 7 parts to the Lord in prayer. Let him decide where take possession first. Then take the land. Do not stray beyond it until all seven areas are in your possession.
- Speak- Let there be. Then live in the waves of what you have spoken. Flow on effect.
Be encouraged, be blessed today. God has answers. He has solutions. He has awesome and perfect plans, just for you, just for me. Go to the true King. Not the imposters today. Say ‘YES! King Jesus’, and see how much he loves you.
Lots of love,
© Lauren Macdonald. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission, from this blog’s author, is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Lauren Macdonald @ http://godhelpmei.com