Photo by Andre Furtado from Pexels
My beautiful friend Vivian, over at God’s Whispers of Truth, has tagged me in a blogger challenge to share two quotes on “Joy” and share my thoughts.
I love that Joy is not happiness. It is far deeper. It is an assurance, a knowing that we are ok, despite our circumstances. Joy comes out of grace, often out of ugly things or even in the midst of them. Joy is a promise that gives us superhuman strength.
So two quotes about joy. I definitely need to go to the bible for my two favourites.
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
This quote covers a lot of points about our joy as Christians.
- Joy comes with encouragement – There is great encouragement in the witness of those who went before us, they (all the bible greats) are our inspiration to get rid of all the baggage that holds us back, slows us down or would try to disqualify us from our purpose
- Joy comes after perseverance
- Joy comes when we fix our eyes on Jesus whose love covers us
- Joy comes from allowing Jesus to perfect our faith
- Joy enables us, like Christ, to endure trials
- Joy enables us like Christ to be unashamed
Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people.
This word from Paul to Philemon, I love because it shows that we too, even bloggers! can bring joy to each other. It’s not just lofty old fashioned ideals, it’s love in action.
- Our love for individuals will bring them joy and encouragement (which in turn according to Hebrews 11:1-2 brings more joy. Joy upon joy!).
- Our corporate love for God’s people, refreshes them and enables them to love others which in turn brings more people, more joy.
Be encouraged to give someone joy today and rejoice yourself today!
I want to say, thank you Vivian, for this tag. Your encouragement has most definitely brought me joy.
I would like to nominate 3 more bloggers who have also brought me joy in very different ways, to post 2 quotes from anywhere, and a thought or two about them, on the word “kindness”. The rules are simple. No pressure – if you choose to participate, invite 3 bloggers to write 2 quotes each, and a thought or two, on 1 word given to them by you.
Donald McKenzie @ Dining with Donald, Donald mixes food & book review with chunky theological sermons.
Liv @ Liv With Purpose, Liv shares her bold story of hope and overcoming traumatic sexual experiences and encourages others to do the same.
Laura @Laura Bon, Laura’s purpose is inspiring the world! Need I say more? Bible verses, poetry and lots of encouragement and inspiration!
Lots of love,
© Lauren Macdonald. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission, from this blog’s author, is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Lauren Macdonald @ http://godhelpmei.com